Wednesday, June 12, 2013

OH HELLO!


I LOVE this technique that Linda Higgin's showed us at Stampin' Up! South Pacific Convention last month. Such a simple idea - heat embossing on vellum but I had never tried it. This card I designed uses Soft Suede and Crumb Cake inks with Very Vanilla card stock. I used Mixed Bunch stamp on the vellum and Everything Eleanor for the flourish underneath along with the Oh, Hello set for the sentiment. I love mixing up the stamps sets! hee hee


Again I stamped versamark on the vellum and used white embossing powder. The lowest flower is stamped on a extra piece of vellum and I punched it out. I also did wee butterflies as you can see in the below photo - I did these but stamping in Soft Suede and quickly covered with clear embossing powder and then heat set it. This is what you can do to get ANY colour embossed. It doesn't always give you the WOW that actual coloured embossing powder but for something small like the butterflies it works ok. I used the Papillon Potpourri stamp set for the butterflies. 


If you would like to gather a few friends to learn how to make this (or any card you see on here) email me TODAY - julia.leece@vodafone.co.nz
Photobucket

1 comment: