Sunday, April 1, 2012

today's New Mini Catalogue launch

Today we had a ball at my launch party for the new Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue down here in New Zealand. This is the display table I had showing off all the yummy new stuff and some of the projects I've made using the new products.
Every attendee got a gift bag which had a mini catty (of cause! lol) some retired DSP cut to 6"x 6", some makeup samples and moisturiser (we all need a pamper!), some chocolate (ALWAYS!!) and a can of water (cause I thought it was different! hehe) which I decorated using the new product.
The bag I decorated with the awesome Elegant Bird die and Twitterpatted DSP cut with the edgelets and a tag from the Loving Thoughts set. The birds wings were embossed with the Polkadots folder and rolled with the new Chamomile wheel.
The see thru can of water (still makes me giggle) I used the Apothecary Art stamp set and the matching framelits to decorate it. The belly band is the Twittipated DSP.
This is the project we did as it was a class as well as a launch party. Some of the ladies have seen me make these cards on my blog so they asked if we could make one today - so I was inspired by the Sweet Shop Suit in the mini. I used the Sweet Shop DSP and the cone from the Mouthwatering stamp set. We layered up the scoops on the ice cream, one lady put 3 scoops on hers! We then used the versamark marker pen and covered the ice cream scoops and then we covered it the NEW Scented embossing powder - yes you read the right - SCENTED embossing powder!!! There is 3 scents - Cherry, Vanilla and Melon. They are a fun thing to add to a card like this. They say the scent lasts a few weeks.
This is the inside. We used Confetti stamp set to 'sprinkle' colour on the Pool Part card and on the belly band is Calypso Coral ribbon and a few framelites along with the sentiment from the new set -Sweet Cake.
It was a fun day and we had a ball. To end we had a yummy afternoon tea and all the ladies LOVED the cake I made so I thought I would share the link to the blog I got it from - it was Gluten Free Date & Ginger Cake.

Thanks for visiting and sharing this fun day with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment